Even though the Hoyas won 74-65 over Rutgers on Saturday January, 15,...
NCAA Football BCS Rankings Week 11
(1) LSU Tigers (9-0) Things are never safe in the SEC, but the team should ride the momentum of beating Alabama recently all the way to an appearance in the BCS National Championship game. The final games of the regular season are against Western Kentucky, Mississippi, and Arkansas. “The Mad Hatter” loves his spot.
(2) Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-0) The offense continues to be prolific, but there certainly are still some question marks on defense. The team escaped against Texas Tech recently, but has the talent to stay undefeated if they play up to their potential. They should get by Texas Tech and Iowa State, before heading into what should be another classic game against Oklahoma at home. The team keeps winning and Mike Gundy keeps adding new dance moves.
(3) Alabama Crimson Tide (8-1) The Crimson Tide took a step back, but with a loss to LSU at home, but the computers were kind. No, they will not play in the SEC Championship, but if the top two stumble, they will probably find themselves in the BCS national championship game. The final games of the regular season are against Mississippi State, Georgia Southern and Auburn. Nick Saban is determined to have this team not lose another game this season.
(4) Stanford Cardinals (9-0) It hard to fly under the radar, but this team certainly does not get enough recognition. After recently defeating Oregon State, the team looks good, but they will certainly be tested in the remaining games in the regular season with Oregon, California, and Notre Dame trying to deal them a loss. David Shaw has the team in position to play in a major BCS bowl game and with little help maybe they squeeze into the BCS national championship game.
(5) Boise State Broncos (8-0) The Broncos often get the short end of the stick, but winning is the only way answer your critics. The team looks good after handling UNLV recently and should finish the regular season with no losses as they face TCU, San Diego State, Wyoming, and New Mexico. Chris Petersen will have the team in another BCS bowl game with a chance to finish the season in the top 5.
(6) Oklahoma Sooners (8-1) The loss of Ryan Broyles hurts, but the team has no time to feel sorry for itself. After recently defeating Texas A&M, the team finishes the regular season against Baylor, Iowa State, and then has a showdown with Oklahoma State. Bob Stoops let the team slip up once, but certainly is determined to not let that happen again.
(7) Oregon Ducks (8-1) The offense seems to be hitting its stride with LaMichael James healthy again. After recently taking care of business against Washington, the team finishes the regular season with plenty of opportunity to make some noise as they face Stanford, USC, and prepare for another Civil War against Oregon State. Chip Kelly certainly does not want any more losses and the team appears to be peaking at the right time of the season.
(8) Arkansas Razorbacks (8-1) Arkansas is arguably the most explosive offense in the country. The team easily handled South Carolina recently and could throw the whole BCS system into a frenzy if they win their remaining regular season games against Tennessee, Mississippi State, and LSU. Bobby Petrino is doing a great coaching job and the team may shock the country by not losing another game this season.
(9) Clemson Tigers (8-1) The team took a step back with a tough loss at Georgia Tech recently, but can still have a historic year for the program if the team can finish the regular season by winning against Wake Forest, North Carolina State, and South Carolina. Dabo Swinney should be proud of what he has accompished so far with this team and the program looks like they could be strong for years to come.
(10) Virginia Tech Hokies (8-1) The team has not played great every week, but they find ways to get victories. The team recently squeezed out a victory against Duke and will have to play better if they want to beat Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Virginia in their remaining regular season games. Frank Beamer is tough and this team has enough weapons to not lose another game this season. The bottomline is Beamer Ball works.