Even though the Hoyas won 74-65 over Rutgers on Saturday January, 15,...
NFL Power Rankings Week 10
(1) Green Bay Packers (8-0) The green and yellow machine looks strong and should remain firmly in this position by picking up another win against the Minnesota Vikings at home this week.
(2) San Francisco 49ers (7-1) The 49ers look great and really seem to be following the blueprint laid out by Jim Harbaugh. Life is good without Mike Singletary around, but they will receive a stiff test as the New York Giants come to town this week for what should turn out to be a great football game.
(3) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) The Pittsburgh Steelers took a big step back by losing to the Ravens for the second time this season and stand little chance of winning the AFC North now. They will be in no laughing mood and probably will be extremely angry as they go out on the road to take on the surprising Cincinnati Bengals.
(4) Baltimore Ravens (6-2) The Baltimore Ravens are perfect in division play with 2-0 record in the AFC North after beating the Steelers for the second time this season. This week they face the Seattle Seahawks in an interesting matchup and should play well hoping to build some momentum heading into the second half of the season.
(5) New England Patriots (5-3) The Patriots suffered a tough loss this week against the Giants and definitely have some major weaknesses on offense and defense. With two tough losses in a row, they will desperate for a win, angry, and will be ready to play a great game against the Jets this week.
(6) New Orleans Saints (6-3) The Saints took care of business at home against the Buccaneers last week, which gives them a chance to take control of the NFC South division if they can beat the Falcons on the road this week. Drew Brees versus Matt Ryan, it does not get much better than that.
(7) Buffalo Bills (5-3) The Bills suffered a tough loss this week against a hungry Jets team trying to take control of the division. Perhaps a visit to Jerry’s World will be good for them, but Ryan Fitzpatrick has to play much better this week.
(8) Detroit Lions (6-2) The Lions should be feeling good coming off of bye, but now they go on the road for a tough division game in what has historically been a very difficult win to get against the Bears. Each win is important if they want to stay on pace to get a wildcard spot.
(9) New York Giants (6-2) Eli Manning is coming into his own. The Giants look strong, but will be tested this week with a tough game on the road against the 49ers. They control their own destiny and are on pace to win the NFC East.
(10) Chicago Bears (5-3) The team is riding high after going to Philadelphia and picking up a crucial win. They now have a ton of momentum for the second half of the season. The team has a big game at home against the Lions this week, which if they win could really put them in perfect position for a wildcard spot.