Even though the Hoyas won 74-65 over Rutgers on Saturday January, 15,...
NFL Power Rankings Week 11
(1) Green Bay Packers (9-0) The green and yellow machine looks strong and should remain firmly in this position by picking up another win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at home this week.
(2) San Francisco 49ers (8-1) The 49ers look great and really seem to be following the blueprint laid out by Jim Harbaugh. Life is good without Mike Singletary around, and they recently picked up a big win against the Giants, 27-20. The team should pick up a win this week as they welcome to the Arizona Cardinals to town.
(3) Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) The Pittsburgh Steelers took control of the AFC North with a big win over the Bengals, 24-17 this week. The team gets some needed rest before finishing the last six games of the regular season.
(4) New Orleans Saints (7-3) The Saints stayed hot and picked up a huge road victory recently against the Falcons. They control their own destiny and have control of the NFC South division. The team has a bye this week, which should help them be ready to finish the season out strong the last six games of the season.
(5) New England Patriots (6-3) The Patriots were able to get back on track recently with a big win against the Jets, 37-16. The team is now in control of the AFC East and looking to continue playing well with the Kansas City Chiefs coming to the town this week.
(6) Houston Texans (7-3) The Houston Texans were impressive this week with a big win on the road against Tampa Bay, 37-9. The Matt Leinart era begins, but the team is severely injured with Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, and Mario Williams all out of the lineup. The bye could not come at a better time as the team tries to hold on to the lead in the AFC South and finally reach the playoffs. The next six games should be interesting.
(7) Baltimore Ravens (6-3) The Baltimore Ravens did not come to play recently and let an opportunity to beat game the Seattle Seahawks slip away with a 22-17 loss. They get an opportunity to take some of their anger and frustration out on Cincinnati this week and a win moves them back into the lead of the AFC North.
(8) Chicago Bears (6-3) The team looks great with excellent defense and special teams as they beat the Lions 37-13. I like the fight in the team, but they will be challenged by San Diego this week. It should be a great game, that the team better be prepared to play or they could lose.
(9) Detroit Lions (6-3) Apparently, the bye was not good for the team as they were recently handled by the Bears, 37-13. Well, we will learn a lot more about this team if they do not find a way to beat the Carolina Panthers at home this week. This is a must win game for the Lions if they want to make the playoffs.
(10) New York Giants (6-3) The team had a minor setback with a loss recently on the road to the 49ers, but are firmly in control of the AFC East. The team gets a chance to rebound and further control their division lead if they can beat the Eagles this week. They will definitely be focused as they do not want a repeat of ”The Miracle at the Meadowlands” this season.