Even though the Hoyas won 74-65 over Rutgers on Saturday January, 15,...
NHL Power Rankings Week 7 Updated
1. Chicago Blackhawks (11-4-3) The team seems to have great chemistry and looks like they are on a mission each game, especially on offense. This week the team plays the Edmonton Oilers twice, the Vancouver Canucks, and the Calgary Flames, which will provide the team with an opportunity to keep improving.
2. Pittsburgh Penguins (10-4-3) The Penguins have done a great job of holding things together in the absence of Sidney Crosby and the entire team seems to be stepping up more each game. This week the team should continue to play well as they face the Colorado Avalanche, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Florida Panthers.
3. Dallas Stars (11-5) The team had a couple of slip ups last week, but overall is playing well right now. Jamie Benn continues to give the team great leadership. The team get a chance to rebound and prove itself again with games this week against the Florida Panthers, the Colorado Avalanche and the San Jose Sharks.
4. San Jose Sharks (9-5-1) Antti Niemi continues to be wonderful so far this season and gives the team a chance to win every night with his great goal tending skills. The team seems really locked in right now. The team plays two big games this week against the Detroit Red Wings and the Dallas Stars.
5. New York Rangers (9-3-3) The Rangers are the hottest team in the league right now with six wins a row. The play of Daniel Girardi has been impressive as he continues to come up big. The team should be able to maintain some momentum with two games this week against the New York Islanders and the Montreal Canadiens.