Even though the Hoyas won 74-65 over Rutgers on Saturday January, 15,...
NHL Power Rankings Week 7
1. Washington Capitals (9-3) It is great to have Alex Ovechkin giving the team plenty of leadership each game. Nick Backstrom is really coming into his own and is tied for the NHL lead in assists. The team has three big games this week against the Dallas Stars and a back to back, road-home games against the New Jersey Devils.
2. Dallas Stars (10-3) The team looks focused and is playing well right now. Jamie Benn continues to play great each game and seems to inspire his teammates. The team will be tested this week with four big games on the road this week against the Carolina Hurricanes, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Detroit Red Wings.
3. Edmonton Oilers (8-3-2) If the team gets Ales Hemsky back this week it should be a big lift. The team enjoys challenges and will get a chance to build some momentum with three games on the road this week against the Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, and Detroit Red Wings.
4. Chicago Blackhawks (8-3-3) The team seems to have great chemistry and looks like they are on a mission each game. This week the team plays the Vancouver Canucks, St. Louis Blues, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Calgary Flames, which provides the team an opportunity to keep improving.
5. San Jose Sharks (8-4-1) Antti Niemi has been terrific so far this season and gives the team a chance to win every night with his great goal tending skills. It seems like the team is improving each week. The team plays games this week against the Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild, and Phoenix Coyotes.